Awards and Recognition
- Sacramento Public Relations Association Gold (2014)
- California Association of Public Information Officials Award of Distinction (2014)
- California Association of Public Information Officials Award of Merit (2010)
In 2009, our team was tasked with creating the award-winning Spare the Water brand and a comprehensive, multicultural outreach program. In 2014 and 2015, as California experienced a severe drought, the IN Communications team again helped Sacramento teach residents about reducing water use.
- Statistically valid telephone survey.
- Clever, fun and engaging artwork/creative that grabbed the public’s attention by promoting non-traditional tips to communicate the need for extraordinary conservation measures.
- Partnership with the Sacramento Republic FC, which capitalized on the popularity of Sacramento’s new minor-league soccer team.
- An off-beat and humorous video that pitted popular Republic FC Goalie Dominik Jakubec against water-conservation mascot Les Leaky in a dramatic showdown to “Beat the Leak.”
- Partnerships with municipal golf courses that placed water conservation stickers on the back of 300 golf carts at all four City-owned courses.
- A series of Facebook contests that engaged customers in the conversation about water conservation.
- Sacramento Bee front page stickers targeted geographically to reach Sacramento residents.
- Advertising on City utility trucks and sold waste trucks.
- Nearly 200 mirror and window clings placed throughout City facilities.
- Partnerships with over 20 local restaurants to display window clings and table toppers.
Created with partners MediaLine Communications, Original Communications, Lower Sierra Consulting Services and Magma Creative.